All the information and videos on this page come from http://studyassist.gov.au/sites/StudyAssist
From 1 January 2017 VET FEE‑HELP will cease and VET Student Loans will commence (in the process of application).
For more information visit VET Student Loans.
VET FEE‑HELP is available to assist eligible students studying higher level vocational education and training (VET) qualifications to pay their tuition fees. Higher level VET qualifications are at the diploma level and above. VET FEE‑HELP can be used to pay all or part of an eligible student’s tuition fees, but cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books.
VET FEE-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan scheme that offers assistance to eligible students studying certain higher-level VET qualifications by enabling them to take out a loan through the Commonwealth Government to pay for all or part of their tuition fees, In addition to tuition fees, the Government charges a loan fee of 20% which is added to the total debt.
There is no interest charged on a VET FEE HELP loan, however the loan is indexed each year on 1 June. You won’t have to start paying back your loan until you start earning over the loan re-payment threshold, which is presently $53,345 for the 2014-15 financial year, and will be $54,126 for the 2015-16 financial year. The debt you incur through VET FEE HELP is a real debt and may affect your credit rating.
For more details about VET FEE‑HELP, please click here.
If you are eligible for VET-FEE HELP (HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing), click here.
If you are eligible for VET-FEE HELP (CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care), click here.
Fair Treatment & Equal Opportunity Policy, click here.
Student Grievance Procedures, click here.
Statement of VET Tuition Assurance, click here.
Privacy and Personal Information Procedures, click here.
Student Review Procedures for Re-crediting A VET FEE-HELP balance , click here.
Refund Policy, click here.
Am I eligible for VET FEE‑HELP?
You are eligible for VET FEE‑HELP if you:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit); AND
- have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit (see below); AND
- meet course requirements as follows:
- are a full fee-paying / fee for service student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course at an approved VET FEE‑HELP provider; OR
- are a student subsidised by a state or territory government (other than the Australian Capital Territory) studying a diploma or advanced diploma course;OR
- are a student subsidised by the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, Western Australian and New South Wales Government studying in a specified certificate IV course (nominated courses vary by state) as part of the Certificate IV Trial that concludes in December 2016; AND
- are enrolled with an approved provider in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit.
To view VET FEE-HELP Information for 2015 Booklet, please Click here
For more information regarding eligibility requirements, available on the publications page.
Victor - VET FEE-HELP
Nathan - General HELP
For more VET FEE‑HELP videos, please click here.